23 February, 2008

First Group Ride of the Year


damn. my butt got shelled a smidge under an hour into the ride. it was a pretty good showing for a cold day in colorado. some knuckleheads actually had their knees and ears exposed. i'm guessing it was in the mid-30s when we started and with the self-induced windchill, that couldn't have been any warmer once we got rolling. anyhoo, i chilled in the back until it started going uphill. i tried my darndest to draft-physically and mentally while everybody was jamming it on up. it's kinda cool seeing a big, swarm of riders start going singlefile, and you pass some and mostly get past by the faster ones. then pop! i started going backwards. hooked up with some slower riders while the fast group waited for us (the slower riders) at the turnaround. thus begins the downhill with their hair on fire. needless to say my heartrate could not come down so i turned off early and did my own thing. got some more miles in and did hill intervals on my way back to my truck. ouch. it only took 2 hours and change to feel completely inadequate as a road racer before the season begins...
let's try that again tomorrow. here's a picture definition of what (a happy)hammered looks like. gotsta clean my house kids...

okay this video has nothing to do with this post but how cool is it to do this kind of foolery to a $118,000 car?

No comments: